life as understood

by jeff carr, master of the arts, -------------------------------------------------------------------------- presumably from a couch

1/06/2009

the new year

courtesy of Jeff |

Christmas was good. For specifics on that, surely my wife's blog will suffice. Our perfectly parked car was plowed by a snowplow, so we'll be driving back to Sun Valley this weekend to collect it. Finals ended well last semester, and classes are so far so good now. All of my classes this semester are extremely writing-intensive, and mostly creative writing, so chances are, you'll be hearing from me much more frequently. What a relief. I'm very excited to resume work on a story about a salesman, which I believe to be the best thing I will have ever written. I will be producing many creative works throughout the course of the next few months, though in a paradoxically regimental fashion. I also must begin work on a writing journal with entries at least four times a week. I toyed briefly with the idea of including the entirety of said journal in this blog, but decided that it would not only bog down the blog with such an excess of new information that it would be quite off-putting, but also limit my creative output to that which can or should be read publicly. In lieu of that, I will instead include the highlights on this blog as well as the "works" blog next door. I'm excited, though. Good things have happened recently which will augment all of this. Firstly, I helped facilitate the creation of the new position of "supervisor" at the Writing Center, which I then promptly filled. Basically, it's the same reception/administrative duties I've had recently, but with added power, and added free time for writing. Also, my nepotistic article "It Takes a Family to Raise a Village" appeared in the winter issue of Utah State magazine, just sent to bookstands and alumni last week. That was fun. Also, it's nice to have that project no longer hanging over my head, and the editor enjoyed working with me and may have future writing assignments as well. So there's that. Sarah's been under the weather as of late, and I've been not too far behind, but we should be on the upswing, and we're quite happy. Sarah's going to be doing a lot of cool stuff academically this semester as well. I'll get into more of our future exploits soon. But not too far in the future. We still haven't figured that out.

1 responses:

Sarah said...

Never fear that nobody is reading this, for you have a stalker for a wife! Hip hip hooray!

Subscribe