life as understood

by jeff carr, master of the arts, -------------------------------------------------------------------------- presumably from a couch

4/24/2009

title

courtesy of Jeff |

I've been working to try to hook up with some of my writer friends from here at the university whom I'm likely never to see again, with the intent of continuing to read each others' work and see if anyone gets grown-up jobs. If you are one of those people, I welcome you to my lame blog, which by the way, needs a new, less-cliche title--something probably without my name, and without the word "muse" in any form. John's is "Open the Vein," which grossed me out at first, but then the nice quote on the top explained it, validating its coolness far beyond my initial suspicion. I need something like that. Generally speaking, my titles are trite and unimpressive, despite my sometimes-embarrassing regard for good ones, like "Everything that Rises Must Converge" and "Men Without Hats." So be on the lookout for that. If you can't tell, I'm pretty much just writing now in the hopes of getting myself into the habit of writing here much more frequently, and less rantingly. Don't worry, I'll see to it that quality doesn't take a hit. We're all about quality here.

5 responses:

Unknown said...

Jeffrey Carr, your musings are spectacular. I don't know why I have not yet heretofore (really, I just had to use that word at this precise moment)partaken of its amusingness. Yes, amusingness.

In your quest for jobs, be sure to include on your resume the skill of 'intimidation'. English majors tend to intimidate, and it is a rather handy skill that can be used in the world of security persons, or perhaps even customer relations. And of course, debt collecting.

However, teaching is perhaps the most noble of professions. Being able to mold young minds, whether for good or evil? If you've ever dreampt of becoming a dictator, this path is surely a great start. And all great dictators have that intimidation factor...

Speaking, yet again of intimidation...If you want proof that you have the skill,just look at what happened to poor Mr. Weed. Tell me Jeff, how will I ever boost my GPA now? Your intimidating evaluation led to his demise. That is power.

Jeff said...

Marni, you are too good to me. I appreciate your appreciation.

Unknown said...

Any time :)

CashewElliott/John said...

If you tell me how to make my blog look nice like yours, I'll go on a hunt for some titles.

Jeff said...

I'm in--though it looks like you're well on your way. Also, I just googled a blog template site and liked this one.

Subscribe