life as understood

by jeff carr, master of the arts, -------------------------------------------------------------------------- presumably from a couch

10/11/2007

howdy

courtesy of Jeff |

I don't really have time for this, but I do like to write, and I like to force my life and ideas on others. So I guess this makes sense. For all who've long not talked with me, life here at USU is good. I'm taking 17 credits, with a double major, double minor, honors degree, two jobs, an internship, a girlfriend, officership of a club sport, two student government committees, and a very demanding church calling. Plus, I'm pretty sure there are other extracurricular activities I'm failing to reference. But that's ok. I think I've made my point: that I really don't have time for this. I really should slow down. Curling and writing help. Anyhow, I'm studying creative writing and am already looking into MA and MFA programs for that, although if I could find some sort of good program for foreign language study, I wouldn't be able to rule that out right away. I guess I could do both. Anyhow, I've written some things, and while they're few in number thus far, I figured this may be a decent place to post them. That would force me to boost my revision effort, anyway. So I guess I'll figure out how to do that.

4 responses:

Justen said...

A girlfriend? You don't have time for any of that!

Cory said...

A girlfriend? That's what I said too!

Jeff said...

Yeah, I feel bad, because I definitely don't have as much time for her as I should. Anyway, you've met her. Her name is Sarah. We were eating at McDonald's once when you came in last spring semester. We've dated on and off for a few months- but it's definitely on now.

Anonymous said...

Jeff, Loved reading your musings and those of the Hansens and the Ames.
I think there is a rule that no one over 50 can blog, so I have not done one yet. Although, come to think of it, I am not over 50. So maybe later.

Subscribe