life as understood

by jeff carr, master of the arts, -------------------------------------------------------------------------- presumably from a couch

6/30/2009

accessibility, or a lack thereof

courtesy of Jeff |

I guess I haven't had much to talk about in the last little while. Wimbledon is wonderful, but you don't want to hear about that. Besides, due to that, I haven't been outside for days. Hence, no stories. Anyway, work has been rather dull, because I've been on hold for an even longer period of time by a barrage of people who just plain won't e-mail me back. My job consists of two things: e-mailing (input) and writing (output). That is, I'm a writer, but I can't write until people E-MAIL ME BACK. It seems like 50% of the faculty and staff of the university are vacationing/researching in foreign countries right now, not to return for weeks. I hope they're having fun. Excuses from present members of the staff aren't as airtight.

Meanwhile, I've been trying to pass the time researching about certain aspects of the university, so I know my subjects inside and out. Today I took a nice business jaunt to the library, where I stumbled upon this little gem next to the main handicapped restroom on the first floor. Maybe as a PR writer, I should be spending this time staving off a lawsuit.


So if anyone asks, this is for the benefit of our many wheelchair students that routinely enter the library from the sky. Our world-renowned "Jet Packs for Paraplegics" program is second to none.

PR is easy.

4 responses:

Chess said...

LOL. I love our library! Precious things to be found everyday!

Sarah said...

ha ha. hilarious.

Unknown said...

Some engineering students weren't thinking too clearly when placing bathrooms. Thank heavens for signs that fix such silly mistakes!

P.S. As PR, do you know if those jet packs are available to the general student body?

Jeff said...

I'll have to look into that.

Subscribe